Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Monday, July 29, 2013

Sloth


Day #29 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge...You can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)

Today was an exceptionally chilled out day (yes yes even though that it is Monday).  I woke up at around 8am.  Didn't have to bother about breakfast, because I had baked a bread at home yesterday and planned to have it for breakfast this morning.  Remember I had told you, I have found a good, professional baker who comes home and teaches me stuff, yeah the bread was a part of that.  Yesterday, I had made Prawns curry for lunch, the leftover was still there in the fridge, so no botheration of making lunch too 





After breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen, did some blog reading.  Then submerged myself in a tub of nice, warm water for an hour. Bathing animated emoticon
 By the time all this was done it was lunch time.  Had lunch, finished another article for a site I contribute and then hit the bed.  Blissfully slept till 6pm, woke up and my stomach started rumbling.  After reading Dee's post on 'how to eat fruits' I was really tempted to have some strawberries soaked in chocolate, so satiated that part.  Did some more blog reading and munched on few other online articles and then suddenly remembered OMG! today's post for the challenge!!

Today's sin is Sloth...looked it up and it says laziness, who better to understand that than me, especially given my lazy mood today.  But Sloth is not all that a simple sin.  I mean having a once in a while lazy day, where you don't wish to be heckled into doing anything, I think is fine.  So then why exactly is this one of the deadly sin?

There is one another definition of Sloth, 'reluctance to work or make an effort'.  I will explain this with few examples.  I believe relationships don't just happen, they have to be developed.  What happens is just the 'acquaintance' part of it.  How this acquaintance further develops, how much strength it develops all depends on the efforts put in by the concerned.  Marriages are a big example of this.  People stop putting in the effort required to keep building this relationship.  Infact some people may even ask, 'what is the need to build, something which already exists?'  What exists is a wedding, and marriage is what you get out of the effort.  But people consumed by the sin of Sloth, do not take the 'effort' step and the result is either an un-happy marriage or divorce.

Another example is that of a student.  Full year no effort is put towards studying or acquiring some knowledge.  Then suddenly during the exams, the palpitation starts.  Acquiring notes from friends, late night studies, seeking help with leaked question papers, ideas to copy answer sheet, bribing gods with the best of items so on and so forth.  This is the result of giving in to the sin of Sloth.  No efforts put in, and then sudden realisation in the end.  Yours truly has also been guilty of this sin.  Two months back this blog almost died, because of my lack of effort to feed it.  No I wasn't that busy that I could not write atleast once a week.  I had my other contributions which kept me busy, but I could always make that effort and write atleast one post in a week.  But no, I was consumed by Sloth and all that I kept feeling was 'Blue'.  Reading had also taken a back seat.  Then one day I came back and wrote something, as expected people had forgotten about SuKupedia .  But I continued and 2 months later this challenge happened.

I took it up to shrug away the 'Blue Sloth'.  Look at me now, I am doing all the other contributions and plus one post daily for the challenge and also other posts for contests and all.  So I could do it, it was only a matter of putting in some effort.  

Blue I have heard is also the color of poison, and Sloth is not less than a poison which slowly kills everything you have, if you do not get up and shake it off!!



Image Source:  Google Search



I don't mind being stalked  if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

23 comments:

  1. I read all your posts, but didn't comment because I have been busy with the hubby's birthday and a bad cold.

    I am a Mumma Sloth nowadays. I do nothing but tend to my kiddo husband and then laze around. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then you are no mumma sloth you are doing the biggest and toughest of job right now :P :P ... men can be really cry babies when they are sick hahahahahaha

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I am sure guilty of that one. My husband was home for the weekend and we went camping. I didn't post once since Wednesday...so you guessed it. To fulfill the challenge of posting for 31 days I need to post, post, post. That will teach me!! Sometimes everyone needs time to laze the day away and enjoy themselves.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you are not at all guilty Kathy .. you went camping how adventurous is that :D :D ...

      Delete
  3. The home-baked bread looks tempting and eggs too.and its healthy to eat fruits and Dee has succeeded on her part with the post.Nice lazy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was a lovely lazy day trust me ♥ ... eggs ritchie made... dee's idea was nice na :D

      Delete
  4. Ur life sounded so very blissful!! Exchange offer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha this particular day yes it was soooo blissful..I am not exchanging :P

      Delete
  5. The eggs look wow... love them!!
    Have been wanting to ask you for long, how do you use these apt smileys... some widget?
    I like being a sloth some days... it is a good feeling actually! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the bread??? you didn't say a word about it :( I baked them with my own hands O_O

      No widgets for the smileys re... they are just copy paste...

      yes somedays lazing around can really be amazing... :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, how could I forget that you made the bread!! :D
      The bread looks absolutely yummilicious :D
      Looks like I practiced your lesson while commenting here :P

      Delete
  6. i am guilty of it... but I kind of love being lazy sometimes. but being like that forever is like digging ur own grave and also putting the mitti over it for every single reason that u've mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see 'sometimes' is the key.... everyday is sure getting yourself closer to the grave..rightly said princess :)

      Delete
  7. Sloth (animal) is also one of the laziest creatures in the world. Perhaps the name aptly defines the nature of the creature. Rahul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah now that you describe it as an animal it sounds like a creepy animal to me O_O

      Delete
    2. Ya it really is a creepy animal. It is a mammal and is one of the lazest creatures in the animal kingdom.You can check this link to see the SLOTH http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloth.. Rahul

      Delete
  8. My favourite!! And well its not a sin, its called a style of living for me :)Look at the princess denoting her she looks so royal. Right right its the sin of being way too royal for one's life :P :P

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no ... if you had 'Sloth' as a style of living by now you would not have been alive...you go to office, take care of your house, take care of your relationships and that is definetly not Sloth :D :D

      Delete
  9. Suni you are a cute Kitty Kat..If you were a Kitten, it wouldve been my honor to own you as my natkat pet..that isnt derogatory U see, After Food, I love Kittens and then Humans :D :D :D
    I love Sloth Suni.. Best of all inventions were made by people who didnt want to waste their time doing hardwork,no??
    Rather What I like is not laziness..it is Jugaad :D
    But imagine ..how awefum will it be to be an actual sloth and sleeeep..happy world place :P :P:P.. Haanji I learnt my lesson, *dont give up on me* :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahha... ya just imagine a world of 'Slothful' people... this world would stink :P :P

      Delete
  10. wow I want to spend a day like this :) lazing around. Long time since I have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been like a sloth more-or-less... these last few weeks when I was sick. Hated it.
    And I don't like this gown either. Neither the design (too frilly for my taste), nor the shade of blue.
    I love those eggs though. And the bread. And how you've presented them all in that photograph.

    ReplyDelete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥