Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Monday, April 16, 2012

Rauf Lala - My Fav National Hero !!!

Before you go all bollywood on me, this is NOT a movie review O_O... Yes you heard it right :) :)... I watched Agneepath yesterday, it was a OK movie, but two things I totally loved in it :- one Rishi Kapoor as Rauf Lala - a filthy character executed superbly.  To my memory I don't think Rishi Kapoor has ever played this kind of a role earlier.  And the second thing about the movie I liked was the emotional table of Vijay played by Hrithik...it was on the same platform from the beginning to the end...a continuously stable emotion which did not vary at surprising levels.  Hrithik managed to keep it at the same level maintaining the tempo....too good.  Alright as I said, this is not a review of the movie, its about an incident I remembered after watching Rishi Kapoor :) :)

I was in 5th grade, about 11, we had to write an essay.  The topic was - My favorite National Hero.  My parents did not believe in tutions at all.  We were always encouraged to self study, discussing with each other or looking up reference books.  So usually the scene would be, we would complete our home-works and before dinner time, we would read it out to dad, who would correct if anything was missing.  So this particular day, I read out my homework to dad




My favorite National Hero

National Hero is a person who fights the bad people and makes the nation proud.  He walks on the ways of truth.  He is also the person who beats the villain and marries the heroine.
My favorite National Hero is Rishi Kapoor.  I saw him in the movie Bobby last week at my cousin's house.  He was very handsome.  He also sings songs for Dimple Kapadia.  Rishi Kapoor fights with Prem Chopra and beats all his team people.....


This is when I noticed my dad's mouth wide opened and looking at me in, some emotion I cannot describe.  (D is my father ok)

Me:  (as meekily as possible) what happened Papa?
D:     What is the meaning of a national hero?
Me:   (strong voice now)  who beats the villian before the police comes
D:     How can you write such cheap things in your school book?  
D:    (now targeting my mom)  This is the reason I don't like to send my kids to your sister's house, watching movies and all, senseless people
D:    (looking at me now)  Do you know who is Squadron Leader Rakesh Sharma??
Me:   (blinking my eyes & looking up at the ceiling)  is he a hero? which movie?? hindi or malayalam ?
D:    (looking at my mom in frustration)   see!! she doesn't even know who he is?
Mom seemed equally confused as to who is this man (Rakesh Sharma) delaying her dinner time???
Dad then started dictating a new essay, after tearing off my Rishi Kapoor wala page
D:  Rakesh Sharma was the first Indian to go to space
Me:   but Papa hero is the one who works in movie no?? no?? okay :(



So now my essay read something like this

My Favorite National Hero

My favorite national hero (actually my dad's) is Squadron Leader Rakesh Sharma (no idea what a Squadron Leader means).  He was in the Indian Air Force and first Indian to go to space (why he went there I don't know).  He was awarded the Ashoka Chakra (so no fighting with villian and marrying the heroine)...and blah blah and more blah...

Next day in the class I deliberately sat on the last bench.  I did not want to read out the essay first, because of fear of being laughed at.  I was expecting my friends to write about Amitabh Bachan to Shakti Kapoor.  But I was in for a surprise.  The first essay that was read out was of Gandhiji O_O.  So after about 10 Gandhijis, Nehrus and Subhash Chandra Boses came my turn (no amitjis and shaktijis).  Now I felt very confident.  The minute I blurted out the name of my national hero half the class looked at me with confusing looks, probably thinking what the hell was a Squadron??? 

After class

Friend 1:  Eh what is the name of your hero again?
Me:          Squadron Leader Rakesh Sharma
Friend 2:   What is the meaning?? 
Me:          People who are pilots, they take their planes very high and then it reaches the moon no, then everyone calls them Squadron Leader.
Friend 1:   Oh ok ok (shaking her head like a cow)...but how did you know??
Me:           I always knew it, u should watch news on TV for that (rolling my eyes in total attitude)
Friend 1:   I wanted to write Shashi Kapoor but mom changed it to Lokmanya Tilak ya :(
Friend 2:   Mine too :(
Me:          You people are so cheap re...always talking about movies huh!!!!










This entry is a part of the contest at BlogAdda.com in association with imlee.com

(And SuKu won a 1000 Rs voucher for this post :D )

80 comments:

  1. :-))))))))

    your papa is the real hero here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Your original idea of a national hero appeals to me- sings for Dimple Kapadia (for us also) and beats Prem Chopra.
    I like the attitude you showed to your 'cheap[ friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howlarious Suku!couldn't stop laughing...Took me back in time when we all committed regular blunders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like the narration
    excellent post

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee hee , i did a my favorite actor back in school, i chose shekhar suman. that was the time moovers and shakers aired on tv ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First the cartoons are super cute...

    And the essay was brilliant. I would have given you 10 out of 10. Every essay would have sounded like an art movie, in front of your block buster...

    Bus mazza aa gaya padh ke...

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha funny story and liked the cartoons much :)-Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol....
    Went back to the school days & the time we were together. Nostalgic moments…
    Day in & out these days while taking my 7 year old studies, I am going thru the identical experiences / blunders that we had once shaped while we were in school. Real nuts… :)
    Good post.. as usual :) All the best dear…

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine what shock your father must have been under when you said Rishi Kapoor; I reckon mine would have reacted the same way, even put in a spanking or two.

    I loved the explanation of Squadron Leader at the end, that is probably the base for you thinking on your feet.

    Good read this one.

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahahhahaahhah... ROFLMAO.....omg..
    Great ya.. I always knew you must've had a fantastic childhood.. and tat attitude u threw at your friends... oh.. sammathikkanam... :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bwahahahahahah!!!

    Every line made me go " :O You really said that? That actually happened?"

    Hilarious!!!!

    //which movie?? hindi or malayalam ?
    Epic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. maine is post ko itni baar open kiya, first para padha, something came up, & har baar couldn't read further

    finally now i could read it fully without anybody's disturbance! and girl am i glad or what! super super hilarious post!!

    tum kitni cute & bholi & sweet lagi mujhe iss mein....muahhhh :) till of course i reached the "you should watch news on TV" & then i thought "hey raam...yeh ladki toh bachpan se hi super smart hai" :D

    har ek line masti bhara tha iss post mein - from your essay to ur dad's horror look to mom's "mera dinner getting late" look to the second essay & baad mein your show off in front of those poor souls!!!!

    oh btw, for the first time ever i "hated" Rishi Kapoor - superbly acted - sachchi...u r correct there

    ReplyDelete
  13. chalo is post ko jaake abhich ke abhi tweet karti hoon. loved it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your favorite national hero is a good actor. I am referring to the national hero before you dad intervened. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superbly nice and innocent post...enjoyed your post completely:)...Keep writing:)

    @Sujatha: Thank you for recommending this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hindi or Malyalam....hahahah...
    And your conversations after the class...hilarious...

    funny bones are aching with laughter... :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol..Suku achha hua tumhe maar nahi padi :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL ROFL good one Suku hahahah awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. :D Buahahaha :D I knew tu tez hai :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. no idea what a Squadron Leader means hahaha awesome write up dear... which movie.. hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was a beautiful narration! Thanks to Chintan, for giving a link to your brilliant post:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. my god-i burst out aloud in guffaws on reading Rishi Kapoor as the national hero...and someone wanted to write Shashi Kapoor too, really? makes me wonder about how old that class was;-)

    absolutely hilarious post that left me with a big smile:-)
    and yes, Rishi Kapoor was the only saving grace in the Agonypath!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahahhahaha....so funny..
    Daddy made you look cool ya :)
    "which movie?"---> lol!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hahaha! that was superrr cute!
    I teach my younger bro and i do come across such things every now and then ( ofkors i wont tell u how stupid I was :P )

    lovely write up suku...maza aagaya :D


    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  25. i liked that u didn't argued your father..

    otherwise children now a days are very hard on their likes and dislikes..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ha ha. Wonderful :-), Specially the part where you said "You always knew " :-), I've been in a similar kind of situation too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Short review leads to a hilarious story...well written.My fav national hero is anyone who helps others and makes others happy.Like people who make the poor happy by doing something for them.

    Abhi
    We Have A Story

    ReplyDelete
  28. hahhahahh btw hw did u rememb all the chat vth ur dad till date ???

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Jenny totally :) :) he has always been my super hero <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Hariharan Valady Thank you Sir :) :)hope my dad had also liked my idea O_O

    ReplyDelete
  31. @maniac.hunter heheheh Shekhar Suman is a good choice too :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Saru Singhal Saaru how sad I wish my dad would listen to you :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Dee........ Dee I like this new pen name :D :D.. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Deepa hehehe ya Deepa real nuts that we were :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. @Atrocious Scribblings Thanks :) :) Spanking thank God Papa never did that O_O

    ReplyDelete
  36. @Jane Doe I had to save my face no in front of my friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. @♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ heheh.. ya now thinking of it.. it surely is an epic dialogue :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. @Sujatha Sathya as I was writing this same thoughts came to my mind.. but when it was actually happening I was so angry and confused :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. @Nona yes that is what I thought a hero was.. a filmy character :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. @Mithlash welcome to SuKupedia :) :) thx and I am glad u liked the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. @Pooja Sridhar ha Poo that is right... I thank my stars for that :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. @Chintan Gupta Chintu kya yaar.. I was always the best kid..confused though O_O :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  43. @Suruchi thx :) :) the class was 10 & 11 yrs..:D :D and most of them duds like me :D

    ReplyDelete
  44. @Tangerine thx Tangerine.. yeah my Dad my hero <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  45. @subtlescribbler glad u enjoyed Sarah.. and no tell me am waiting to hear ur story too :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. @sumukh bansal welcome to SuKupedia :) ya in a way I was a good kid :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  47. @Ashwini C N thx :) and thank God u were also in same situation means I was not alone :):)

    ReplyDelete
  48. @Abhisek yes a review that led to revival of a beautiful memory :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. @Milap Thakrar welcome to SuKupedia :) :)...I eat badam everyday :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your blog is super cool. Spreading happiness as usual. =D

    oh! and you were a pretty cool kid, bachpan mein. =)

    ReplyDelete
  51. i happily agree with stuti: Your blog is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow...lol totally enjoyed reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hahahahaha..awesome..rishi kapoor :D

    ReplyDelete
  54. WHAT? Like a cow? :D :D :D I am laughing like a nut-case in the mid night reading this post.
    Innocence when combines with sense of humor --?Raul lala my fav national hero :D

    ReplyDelete
  55. @lilac welcome to SuKupedia :) glad u liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Sunita, Your post was very interesting, in a humorous way you presented a serious issue so well. We are glad to have your entry. Wish you all the best for the contest
    - Team imlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thank you for selecting mine as one of the winning entries :)

      Delete
  57. Daddy Dearest !!

    so beautiful.. thinking of the memories and sharing ...

    ReplyDelete
  58. Standing ovation! I love this. You re-defined my concept of heroes and hero-giri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is a big one.. coming from you :) :).. thank you :)

      Delete
  59. Hah...that was cute as hell! My first time visiting your blog :)

    http://reekycoleslaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Welcome to SuKupedia Rickie...hope to see you often :)

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥